...I'm okay with being REALITY-based.




Wednesday, March 19, 2003
      ( 12:50 PM )
 
The South Rises Again (or: Now You Know How John Lennon Felt)
I have been searching around trying to find out exactly what it is the Dixie Chicks said that has been causing such a hubub. Here's what it was: "Just so you know, we're ashamed the president of the United States is from Texas." Uh...I have been hearing people say that since 2000. Especially one very pithy Molly Ivans. This is just another example of what I don't understand about our country: people can pour so much effort into hating people who speak their mind or just generally hating a country for no good reason, but can't seem to form coherent opinions on WHY they harbor this hate. And now I hear that Walmart and Kmart are boycotting as well - and yet they seem to think this is okay.

| -- permanent link